Monday, March 5, 2012

Let's Get Naked!

The New One
The Classic




Urban Decay's
Naked (right)
vs.
Naked 2





Much like the palettes themselves, the wordplay possibilities are endless so forgive me for indulging a bit with my title. I am VERY excited to finally be reviewing these beautiful palettes in their entirety. I have been playing with the colors a lot as of late and hopefully this post and subsequent video will help express just how wonderful I think they are.

Urban Decay Naked2 Palette


Naked2 is the cooler, sultrier sister to the first palette with twelve pigmented eye shadows and a fabulous, cruelty-free, dual ended brush. There are 5 palette exclusive shades and one duplicate from the first palette, Half Baked, which is OK by me because I love it! The palette also comes with a sample of Lip Junkie in, what else, "Naked."







 Swatches 









Starting from left, here are the shades included with palette exclusive shades in italics and matte shades in parentheses: Foxy (m), Half Baked, Bootycall, Chopper, Tease (m), Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol, Verve, YDK, Busted, and Blackout (m).








Urban Decay Naked Palette

The original Naked palette is a bit warmer in tone and comes with a sample of Primer Potion. Don't be deceived by its age, as this palette still packs a powerful punch. Similarities are bound to be drawn and I think that whether or not you by one or the other is entirely up to you. I enjoy them both and believe that the versatility is equally great in each.






Swatches



Starting from left, here are the shades included with palette exclusive shades in italics and matte shades in parentheses: Virgin, Sin, Naked (m), Side Car, Buck (m), Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal.



Overall, I love both of these palettes and think everyone should consider adding at least one to their makeup repertoire. Again, the choice is ultimately up to you but be sure to check out the video review below!



No comments: