Tuesday, December 13, 2011

MAC Spring/Summer 2012 Preview: Beauty is Back!

Last week I attended my first MAC Pro Event that gave me a sneak peek into what we will be privy to starting next year. I'm really liking all of the different collections - there is truly something for everyone with incredible range and depth. My main takeaway was that Skin is in!!

1. Ath-Elite
That minamalistic yet athletic - "No Makeup Makeup" that is clean, healthy and strong.
Taking time with primers, highlighting and contouring 
Statements are graphic, yet soft - this does not include eyebrows which are strong and bold.




2. Nouv-Eau
An homage to the 1920s, that is romantic, softly defined, "trash-ic"
Washes of color with the skin coming through - not "perfect"
There's a "morning after" look to it with a focus on matte stains and colored smokey eyes.
Main colors: Coral, Lavender, Khaki green



3. Neo-n
That 80s bold statement of color 
Neon has evolved with lots of depth and texture in small or large statements -Cindi Lauper would be proud!
Main Colors: Self explanatory but I especially loved the Fuchsia or Orange red lip



4. Ore-Inspired
 Metallic, glitter, shine - oh my!!
"Wolf inspired beauty"
Main Colors: Yellow,Orange or Peachy gold, Brown, Plum



Are you excited? I'm excited!! Especially since I got two lip colors that will be in the new collections. They are GORGEOUS!! I swatched them below and I wore the Lady Danger in my video (above). Love it?
l to r: Lady Danger (Matte) and Peach-Stock (Satin)

l to r: Lady Danger (Matte) and Peach-Stock (Satin)

Let me know what you think!
Daringly Dangerous,
the mixx chic

No comments: